The Oaks at Bartlett is seeking an organized and experienced medical biller to join our community. This position will be responsible for transferring resident and insurance information and initiating payment processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in billing software (PointClickCare), medical insurance regulations, and an expert at responding to resident and insurance inquiries.
The medical biller will also be responsible for maintaining resident confidentiality, handling personal information, and accurately inputting resident data into the system. This person will be interacting with a variety of individuals, including employees, elderly residents & their family members, third party case workers and insurance providers.
- Accurately prepare monthly statements for residents in a timely manner and in accordance with resident contracts.
- Follow all regulations and guidelines set by Medicare, state programs, and HMO/PPO
- Professionally interact with resident case workers and case managers to obtain service agreements and authorizations.
- Accurately post insurance payments to open A/R balances in PointClickCare and make follow up calls as required to promptly resolve incorrect payments or to collect delinquent balances.
- Enter new resident set-up in a timely manner, generate the first statement, manage and track resident fees, etc.
- Check claim status using online provider portals or calling insurance company to ensure timely payment received.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in medical billing or similar occupation
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare HMO, Medicaid HMO, and commercial plans.
- Must have background in billing and coding practices, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Must have a detailed knowledge and understanding of revenue cycle.
- Experience with Point Click Care software is required
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple-entity activities and reports
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to follow instruction and work in a fast-paced environment
The Oaks at Bartlett provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or genetics.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required to be eligible for employment at the community