The Oaks at Bartlett is seeking an organized and dependable Accounting Assistant to join our Finance Department. This position will be responsible for assisting our Billing Company and our internal team with the Resident billing and collection efforts. The ideal candidate will have some experience with the billing software (PointClickCare), medical insurance regulations, and poses great customer service skill to help with responding to resident and insurance companies. The Accounting Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining resident confidentiality, handling personal information, and accurately inputting resident data into the system. This person will be interacting with a variety of individuals, including employees, elderly residents & their family members, third party case workers and insurance providers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Accurately prepare monthly statements for residents in a timely manner and in accordance with resident contracts.
- Follow all regulations and guidelines set by Medicare, state programs, and HMO/PPO
- Professionally interact with resident case workers and case managers to obtain service agreements and authorizations.
- Accurately post insurance payments to open A/R balances in PointClickCare and make follow up calls as required to promptly resolve incorrect payments or to collect delinquent balances.
- Enter new resident set-up in a timely manner, generate the first statement, manage and track resident fees, etc.
- Check claim status using online provider portals or calling insurance company to ensure timely payment received.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in medical billing or similar occupation
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare HMO, Medicaid HMO, and commercial plans.
- Must have background in billing and coding practices, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Must have a detailed knowledge and understanding of revenue cycle.
- Experience with Point Click Care software is required
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple-entity activities and reports
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to follow instruction and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a lifting requirement of 30 lbs
- To perform those functions, the employee must be able to talk, walk, hear, see, bend, kneel, stoop, lift the required pounds listed above, have manual dexterity in their hands, think clearly, make decisions calmly and accurately, communicate cogently with their co-workers and residents, and work there regular scheduled shifts with occasional overtime.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Medical Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance (employer paid)
- Long term disability (employer paid)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for both Full time and Part time 1
- 401(k) with company matching incentive
- Verizon and AT&T discounts for as much as 25% on your monthly service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- On-site Dining Program
The Oaks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or genetics.
Proof of COVID-19 & Flu vaccination required to be eligible for employment at the community.