Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the Community Life Coordinator, the Community Life Associate is responsible for assisting the of Community Life Coordinator in providing opportunities for Community Life programs to meet the physical, social, spiritual, intellectual and creative needs of residents. Also, responsible for making recommendations for future programming within the community.
- Support and/or assist activities for the residents as outlined by the HCC Community Life Coordinator.
- Accompany residents as needed on trips to theater, restaurants, museums, etc.
- Responsible for creating and posting resident communications, i.e TV system, invitations,
- Posters, flyers, and assisting with the monthly newsletter and calendar.
- Heads resident programs as needed (i.e. craft corner, trivia/reminisce)
- Assist Director of Community Life with resident and Marketing events, securing speakers/ or entertainment within budget restrictions.
- Maintain reservation book for special programs and trips.
- Coordinate Memorial Services with resident designee.
- Maintain volunteer program and work with other departments to secure program utilization.
- Ensure the effectiveness of activity programs.
- Meet with resident committees as assigned by HCC Community Life Coordinator and assist committees appropriately (i.e. update photo album, Emcees)
- Coordinate community wide functions to be held at the community
- Decorate common areas appropriately for special or seasonal events.
- Arrange for or personally setup activity area for scheduled program in cooperation with other departments.
- Participates in all meetings, in-service seminars, and committees, as designated by management.
- Assists with straightening residents’ rooms by putting away laundry and organizing
- Assists with organizing common areas
- Assists with passing room trays and collecting all dishes and room trays
- Completes all meal tickets
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Read, write and speak English effectively
- Multitask skills
- Knowledge of TV, microphone system, projector, screen, VCR and other similar electric equipment.
- CPR training recommended, but not required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in resident activities or related field preferred.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Position requires light to moderate physical effort 80% of the time, moderate binding and stooping, walking throughout the entire building, ability to push occupied wheelchair.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays, when necessary, as well as in other positions as needed.