We are hiring IMMEDIATELY!
The Oaks was recently cited for top marks among nursing homes in both overall and short-term rehab care.
-Five Star rating from CMS for short-term rehab and skilled nursing care.
-US News & World Report “Highest Performing” category from their study of 15,000 Nursing Homes
-CMS placed The Oaks in the top 3% of nursing homes nationwide based of hospital readmissions
Under the supervision of the Director of Dining, the Cook is responsible for:
- Preparing menu food items for residents, guests, and staff according to the Food Production sheets and adhering to modified diets in accordance with diet spread as approved by the consulting Dietician;
- Serving food from the production line during meal periods and following serving size standards and presentation guidelines;
- Keeping workstations clean and sanitized;
- Storing and labeling of prepared food orders and other supplies.
- Two or more years of kitchen prep experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of basic methods of preparing food quantities and familiarity with seasoning requirements
- Ability to follow diet instructions and menus
- Must be able to read, write, and follow written and verbal directions in English.
- Strong basic math skills to complete recipe calculations and production requirements
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions
- -Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Medical Coverage
- -Dental Coverage
- -Vision Coverage
- -Life Insurance
- -Paid Time Off
- -401(k) w/ Company match
- -Verizon & AT&T Discounts (up to 25% on your monthly service)
- -Tuition Reimbursement
- -Employee Referral Bonuses
- -On-Site Dining Program
The Oaks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or genetics.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required to be eligible for employment at the community