Under the supervision of the Chef / Director of Dining Services, Assistant Director of Dining or Sous Chef the Cook prepares palatable and proper-portioned food for all residents and guests in accordance with production sheets, standardized recipes, preparation methods, portion control, time schedules, and sanitary standards as well as serving procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Pulls and prepares food for next two days based on menu needs.
- Prepares food items on the menu for the residents, guests, and personnel according to the Food Production Sheets.
- Follows modified diets in accordance with diet spread as approved by the Dietitian.
- Serves food from the production line during meal periods.
- Follows serving size standards and presentation guidelines.
- Keeps workstation clean and sanitized.
- Stores food orders and other supplies properly.
- Labels and stores prepared foods properly.
- Performs utility related tasks in the absence of staff.
- Attends in-service training sessions together with co-workers to keep abreast of current knowledge in the field of nutrition and dietary needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a cook
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Enforces policy and procedures of infection control, SDS, disaster preparedness, safety rules and regulations for department and facility.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Medical Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance (employer paid)
- Long term disability (employer paid)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for both Full time and Part time 1
- 401(k) with company matching incentive
- Verizon and AT&T discounts for as much as 25% on your monthly service
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- On-Site Dining Program
The Oaks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or genetics.
Proof of COVID-19 & Flu vaccination required to be eligible for employment at the community.