Under the supervision of the Security Supervisor, the Security Guard is primarily responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all residents, visitors, employees, vendors, and for protecting the community’s property. The Security Guard is required to perform routine security rounds and safety checks throughout the entire Community and conduct additional inspections and investigations, as directed by HR and management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Performs scheduled rounds throughout the campus, inside and outside of the building, on foot and in company vehicles.
- Responds to all fire alarms and weather emergencies with a sense of urgency.
- Acts as the First Responder to IL resident E-Calls.
- Accepts and delivers packages for the Community as needed.
- Performs investigations and inspections, as directed by HR and management.
- Responds to mechanical emergencies with a sense of urgency and contacts Facilities Director first and then Maintenance On-Call, as needed.
- Assists with the coverage of the concierge desks and phones, as needed.
- Assists in snow removal, salting and contacts vendor as needed.
- Records Daily Activities Report for all covered shifts
- Contacts Supervisor and Directors of departments to inform them of urgent matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Highschool Diploma or GED preferred
- Valid Drivers License required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in security preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be flexible with scheduling to assist covering other team members during time off needs.